“What is my life if I am no longer useful to others.”
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Involved in organic skin care since 1999, the Organic Trader™ team provides sustainable personal care products to the natural product & organic industry (without 'industry' synthetics or petro-chemicals). Our business has evolved to fill an eco manufacturing niche for specialty creams, lotions, ointments, shampoo, soaps and eco-cleaners for a number of markets, such as; health practitioners, salons, spas, pet store/vets/groomers, baby & mom stores, speciality/gift, tattoo parlours, sex/intimacy boutiques and for medical professionals.Known throughout the industry for integrity, reliability and product superiority.
Our expanding organic expertise includes; skin care, hair care, health and beauty aid items, masks, scrubs, eye gels, lotions as well as certified organic USDA NOP personal care blends which can be customized exclusively for your own brand. You may wish to note, our products are also completely certified vegan & vegetarian friendly by PETA.
From sustainable product concepts, green branding, eco packaging, niche marketing, and custom formulation to final distribution models, Organic Trader™ offers the proven consulting expertise, services and product development skills for your desired range & private label brand.
Talk to us, if you are especially looking for ecological and sustainable options, such as; certified FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) virgin forest-free labels, made 100% with wind power, ecoEarth labels™, EcoStar Green™ standards & certification, organic personal care product certification, organic skin care in greener packaging options, that your customers will truly appreciate.
Industry insiders recognize Organic Trader™ Canada as the world's premiere, leading innovator in the area of organic contract manufacturing, sustainable products and eco packaging. In a blind (unannounced) shelf test done by the gov't in Australia, and verified by an independent laboratory - our products, out of all products pulled off the shelves, were found to be #1 and #2 most environmentally friendly (with least impact/no impact on the environment, including being septic and waterways safe).
An award-winning pioneer in sustainable & ecological business practises, is another reason why our customers feel, "Organic Trader™ is one of the best kept secrets in private label.
Once in a while, lucky folks may hear about us, or find us by 'accident', or (as we have heard) with a Google search. Though, over the years we have seen that authentic quality & reliable service will be shared by word of mouth, as people easily do share and 'buzz' about new eco product discoveries that they love. That is exactly why Organic Trader™ does not attend industry events, tradeshows or spend one dollar on advertisement.
We know people simply champion our formulations/brands through their own experiences with our product performance, and then naturally share these experiences with others they care about. Perhaps that is why our green, sustainable products are finding their way onto international shelves... will your brand be next ?
For Us Country Bumpkins - Celebrity Recognition is... well... Like Having a Quiet Outhouse & a Good Roll of Toilet Paper
We are fortunate to be able to say that our quality has been shared or experienced by many interesting folks, some of whose names you may recognize: Demi Moore, Hillary Clinton, Jann Arden, Brooke Sheilds, Harrison Ford, Anne Archer, Michelle Pfeiffer, Joseph Borkovic (opps, that's me - ha ha), Gwyneth Paltrow, Woody Harrelson & Cameron Diaz to name a few...
Are we name dropping here ?... well, obviously yes, because if you are reading this page - you're trying to figure out if Organic Trader™ is for REAL - worth dealing with - right ? - so maybe this will help your decision to call us to find out more about private label - though, if not... heck, we do realize celebrities or not, all our customers are important, especially if it's YOU !... so please read on!
When I was little, my grandpapa used to say, "Remember no one is bigger than you - just honestly live by your heart and you can look 'em right in the eye." then he would laugh and say, "... don't tell your mother... but no matter who or where you are, everyone pulls their pants down at least once a day, to sit on a toilet."
To me, at the age of 6, this was advice fit for a king. Funny thing was, grandpapa's words are what I remembered when meeting Queen Elizabeth II (she was really nice!) at Windsor Castle in 1982 (on a rugby tour), which helped me just be myself! I still hear grandpapa laughing.
Organic Trader™ is directly involved in developing the legislative groundwork for the Canadian government (as well as working in USA, Australia & UK) to establish and implement organic standards legal regulations. Our goal in this respect is to help create a strong and ethical framework that beneficially impacts consumer markets while supporting our local economies through green commerce, parity for farmers and trade with organic, permaculture and biodynamic farms & their communities. When you become our customer this is the ethical framework you are supporting - both behind you with our eco manufacturing standards, and in front of you for your own valued customers.
Our premium products program folllows Canada Certified Organic & USDA NOP contract manufacturing (private label) guidelines, and our custom formulations have been tried and tested over the years, all in preparation for the day you are ready to launch your own brand.
We directly source or eco-manufacture our own exclusive certified organic herbal blends, as well as natural and organic personal/skin care, organic body care, organic facial care, organic baby & mom care, organic pet care & grooming supplies, organic horse grooming products, organic household eco-clearners, organic salon & spa products.Organic Trader™ products don't cost the Earth™.
While we cater to some larger volume clients, Organic Trader™ has spent a number of years developing several proprietary technologies to give small businesses some very big advantages - never before possible in such small runs - in the venue of contract manufacturing for a small business, on a tight budget.
For the first time, our unique formulations are now available - where a small business can put its own name, logo and contact information on a very, very small order amount with free shipping anywhere in Canada-USA. The same service is now available in EURO for Europe.
Organic Trader™ is the exclusive worldwide inventor and proprietor of the Micro-private label™ program - An industry first to help you smartly and ethically expand your business.
Saving a small business much development time and the high costs usually associated with private label, our customers are calling micro-Private Label™ simply revolutionary for their business.
At Organic Trader™ we love natural manufacturing and filling of organic creams, lotions, shampoos, splashes, body butters, gels, facial care and washes - but organic is not enough... so we also buy ethical, fair trade/social justice ingredients that directly and positively impact communities. (Click here to read and be inspired by our social justice ingredient program!)
For example, our amazing hand-crafted and certified organic shea butter comes from a women's co-operative in a village in Ghana, Africa.Money, from our purchase of this shea butter, goes directly to support their families, and allows the children to go to school. This is what it is possible to support when you partner with Organic Trader™, while building your business and own brand.
Product formulation and stability testing are done in our state-of-the-art organic blending plant & laboratories.
GMP and Health Canada registered, FTC, USDA, FDA compliant products, as well as worldwide export certificates.
Custom product formulations, private label and contract manufacturing are now available for Canada, USA and international markets from our rugged West Coast, Vancouver Island offices near Cowichan Bay. Come visit us, to really see what we have to offer your business and brand. You may also enjoy the majestic Eagles, Orca (Killer Whales) and maybe even the elusive & legendary Sasquatch (yup, he shops at our store).
This is the cornerstone of Organic Trader™ business. Our team will personally work closely with YOUR VISION to insure that your new products meet all your design criteria. We deliver products and services that meet the changing needs of our/your customers and those of the market.
Organic Trader™ is family owned and run, and we are proud of our ability to be responsive to you, our customer!We excel in the area of new product development and manufacturing. Prepare to be pleased!
Quality Check Lab Control™ is responsible for all client; In Process Checks, Adjustments and Product Matching.
A pick list is issued and components are staged outside the filling room to ensure all the components are available in correct amounts.
During the filling process, samples are again taken and evaluated by Quality Check Lab Control™ assurance process to insure the product meets proper fill and control specifiations, and overall product quality including, aroma, appearance and texture.
All filling processes are performed under Current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and EcoStar Green™ sustainable guidelines.
Each customer is assigned a dedicated customer service representative who is properly trained to help get you started while carefully listening to your business needs to achieve results.
Your customer service rep will track and report the progress and status of each order. Formulations, samples, order status and inventory information are updated, as able to confirm.
We work with you every step of the way and inform you of the progress as your product moves from formula to reality. If you're ready to take the next step - then please contact us today and let us assist you in getting your own product to the market that is waiting for your brand.
"Organic blends that don't cost the Earth."
You don’t have to be limited by volume, or price anymore, Organic Trader™ presents 3 private label levels available to customers who wish to build their own brand. For a quick glance, a comparison chart of the 3 levels is available: PL Chart.
All our services are available in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, the Americas.
Great for businesses like health stores, pet stores, salons/spas, resellers. The easiest way to get your own brand, and products on the shelf. Start for as little as $1000!
All product pricing are at store wholesale, allowing for great retail mark up, customer loyalty and profits. Save the typical $25-30,000 in brand development & inventory charges. There is no extra costs or development surcharges. Though there is no customisation possible, as product selection applies to any regularly stocked Organic Trader™ product, once a first order has been placed, any re-order is faaast and easy.
1. Define your product selection and mix and match from our great stock products; choose by the case (typically 24 bottles/ case; minimum order is 2 cases): so, as an example, you may choose 1 case of shampoo, 1 of conditioner.
2a.Take advantage of our artwork graphics service, to help with the creation of your labels; and use our green printing services, for eco-labels that are sustainable FSC certified tree-free, or ROCK paper.
2b. provide your own label, to be shipped to us so we can affix them to the products.
3. We ship your products in the best timing possible. Benefit from FREE shipping with a 4-case order
To order, present yourself and business & ask for our pricing catalogue.
Organic Trader™ Canada proprietary Green Private Label™ level of service is best for small businesses that want to have their own unique brand.
Health stores, pet stores, salon/ spas, resellers can start with an average budget of $1,000 per product!
Save the typical $25-30,000 brand development & inventory charges.
Choose from any of our provenm stock formulations at lower bulk pricing.
Provide your own label graphics, or use our in-house graphic expertise to create your own, unique label.
Green and eco printing option for your labels.
Customise your packaging or use our stock eco-bottles and caps.
Contract/ Custom Eco-Manufacturing is best for businesses that have several outlets and/ or want to have their own unique brand in regional, national or international distriution.
Customise starting bases from any of our stock formulations, or start completely from scratch - we can make your vision for your market.
Custom formulations of any personal care products - as long as it is sustainable, natural, organic, biodynamic and/or fair trade.
[ Organic Trader™ Canada will NOT use; industry typical synthetic/ petro-chemical junk ingredients ]
Label graphic and eco-printing services available.
International unique bar codes service upon request.
Packaging customisation possible.
Your most frequently asked questions about starting a private label relationship answered right here. Should any other come up, feel free to contact us.
Most of these questions can be answered in our Private Label Terms and Conditions Agreement, which you can find online, at the bottom of the page in our ‘Legal Notice’, or alternatively, we are pleased to e-mail you a pdf copy. Please return your executed copy to, our fax #: (250) 929.0026
Due to the nature of electronic communication – IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY of the Sender of any communication, to ensure that it got through and was received by OTC, this can be done with an e-mail or phone call to verify receipt.
Yes, OTC only has stock packaging options for bottles (nice), but anything other than OTC stock, white bottles, then the Eco-Customer must source and supply directly to OTC. OTC also can supply eco-labels and other green packaging options… please refer to Tab 3 in our “Private Label Contract Pricing – master.xlsx” spreadsheet for pictures, options and costs.
*Note: In excel spreadsheets ‘.xlsx’ the tabs are at the bottom of the page.
We charge the minimum required to recover: pre-production and formulation planning, raw materials and our laboratory costs - in order to create, formulate and produce a Master Sample that rivals the quality of any organic product produced anywhere. Once you have experienced and tested one (or three) of OTC’s custom samples made uniquely just for your project, you will come to understand why OTC never needs to advertise for new clients, as well as, see why your brand will be able to become wildly successful – for real. Your customers will love your brand foresight and vision.
Because we do not copy other people’s products, period. It is unethical, and unnecessary. With a genuine effort and applied eco-creativity, each customer can have their own unique combination.
Yes, as long as all the proper certification criteria is met (we can help with that) through all the steps. In this category the best pricing starts at 100-200 kg orders per product. For pricing per product/by bottle size/per batch size, please see; Tab 2 in our “Private Label Contract Pricing – master.xlsx” spreadsheet.
* Answer: Yes, if the product is in stock. Folks do love our brands, however, our primary business is to help small and eco-conscious businesses with their own brands with consultation and organic private label products.
* Answer: OTC makes over 400 products (and countless combinations, aromas etc.)
* Answer: Many are, but not all. Why? OTC has always made only truly natural/ organic products ALWAYS WITHOUT the typical/harmful ‘industry synthetic or petro-chemical junk’ ingredients. USDA NOP certification has only become available in the last several years, and in Canada organic food standards only came into effect on June 30, 2009.
* Answer: Yes.
* Answer: What the heck?... haven’t you visited our web site yet? (ha ha, gotcha!) If you are referring to synthetic perfume (which is made up of 200-600 synthetic-petro-chems – and we have a strict policy of NO syn-chem ingredients & an Unacceptables List, or OTC banned ingredients)… we have a much better solution… Authentic, aromas done in the old-fashioned artisan-essence, dating back to ancient Egypt made only with certified organic oils. OTC has one of the top essential oil experts in the world (we swear… Jack talks to the plants!). Smells to live for!
* Answer: Any ingredient that we source directly from third-world/low income communities, where the money goes directly to the producers and their community. No brokers or middlemen. For example; our wild-crafted shea butter from Ghana, which we buy directly from a women’s cooperative, all hand-processed with dedication and love… as well as being USDA NOP certified (see our Social Justice pdf write up, with pictures of the ladies and children from the village).
* Answer: Yes. For example, our Frankincense comes from the ancient, sacred knowledge held by the Bedouins in Oman. We have received these precious, handcrafted oils along with a certificate from the Sultan of Oman declaring that the Bedouins are stewards of each tree, and that harvest and production are done in traditional methods that meet age-old tribal and sustainable principles.
* Answer: All Organic Trader products follow strict eco/sustainable criteria, of which ‘organic’ is only one important part. We want to also ask the question of what is, ‘beyond organic’? With respect to the individual criteria for each product, Organic Trader™ also takes into account, the principles of; Naturopathy, Aromatherapy and Homeopathy in the creation, preparation and blending of formulations. All OTC products are 100% respectful of vegan/vegetarian friendly principles! OTC also takes into account:
* issues such as social justice - in other words, obtaining raw materials from 'third world'/ fair trade communities that do not exploit the local people, and in fact, help to build a better life and community, while protecting the environment.
** in other words seeking an engineering approach to eco-functionality, NO ‘frills/fancy or dysfunctional’ packaging (just for marketing looks), PLUS when the product is washed into the local water system it still must be eco-safe& packaging must be sustainable/useful/recyclable/refillable at the end of its usage.
These 5 criteria make up the EcoStar Green™ eco-standard - available currently only on packaging for our Private Label clients. Contact us to see the new logo.
Each brand, whether for salon & spa, health store/practitioner is blended specifically to customer needs, as well as branded for its specific market. So Professional Organics™ formulations are for salon & spa professional-use. Other blends may be formulated for specific markets and price points.
* Answer: Option 3, which is custom/contract formulations made specifically for the customer, generally starts at 100-200 kg,depending on the type of product… refer to the; “Private Label Contract Pricing – master.xlsx” spreadsheet.
* Answer: Specialty lotions/cremes can go as low as 60 kg per product - shampoo, conditioner and such products can be as low as 100 kg, though at 200 kg starts lower bulk pricing. Stock formulations can go as low as 100-200 kg contract/custom formulations, can be 60 kg for specialty facial/creme, the rest 100-200 kg per product… again, it is best to refer to; “Private Label Contract Pricing – master.xlsx” spreadsheet. The world, is your oyster… and your world!
* Answer: Yes, we charge the store wholesale pricing for all stock samples for wholesale/custom clients, plus shipping.
* Answer: My grandpapa, with a twinkle in his eye, used to say, ‘Nothing in life is free, it’s just not. Every thing has a cost, an effort, an element of creation - if you can just look a little closer, a bit beyond.’ So here it is – People that want things for free usually have two reasons - both inadequate: Either, out of a sense of false entitlement, or from a point of ignorance (that gotcha excited a bit?).
Here is the deal on FREE. Companies that exploit the environment with chemicals will give you free stuff all day long, in an attempt to buy market share, all-the-while poisoning their customer and the Earth. This is wrong. ‘The greatest cost is for a thing that has no value.’ OTC buys the best, BEST organic raw materials in the world, then we have to handle, manage, and create the organic formulations, and then, using only eco/green/sustainable processes, we make the eco-stuff.
With respect to organic products, the first concept we will ask all clients to understand, is PARITY. You want organic products, why not be an organic business…
Parity is – the farmer’s right (and our obligation to ensure) he/she recover his/her labour, toil, input and resources from the stewardship and bounty of his crops, especially if we plan on using those crops. Of course, this is based on the assumption that if we wish to examine our roles as eco-consumers and accept our responsibility as a global community (hint: there IS only one planet Earth).
One of the main goals at OTC is to create a relevant and innovative business model that not only works, but does not exploit people or the environment in any of the traditional ways big business has been doing so, for so long – any form of exploitation is just plain wrong and free samples is only one symptom of a much larger problem. It is a false economy because when ‘FREE’ only helps to get sub-standard or green-washed products into the market place, it is further creating unnecessary garbage/waste, harming consumers and the Earth, instead of being a force for good and change.
Why it is not ‘free’ - because free is almost always exploitation. Parity is the respect of the organic & biodynamic farmer's input into their land, through their labour, sweat equity and resources. OTC NEVER asks for free raw materials from any organic farmers, due to our understanding in the overwhelming amount of work to produce quality, certified organic raw materials, including the cost of maintaining standards and certification. OTC pays the farmer right up front - that is why it is called a ‘cash crop’. This old-fashioned tradition of a genuine hand-shake deal also builds trust and allows us to access the best raw materials in the world, for you.
Make a deal, shake hands, pay. Simple.
Then if you add our expertise, two decades and millions of dollars of investment to create the OTC organic formulations, you can understand why each business is responsible for the cost of products in their own region - our investment in you IS (not free samples, but) that we have spent years to get to the point of these formulations that are years ahead of the market, genuine, as well as truly and authentically organically produced. Additionally this is why we take the request for exclusivity in each region very seriously, we cannot offer any more investment in your business model than this –> the best organic products in the world. So therefore – now you know - why samples are not free.
Wow, isn’t that something new - are you sweating?… OK, before we go to the next question, another way to look at the proper use of resources – ‘free or more’ - isn’t always better…
‘If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use?
Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?’
* Answer: Yes, you can send us your own custom bottles - we do not outsource packaging, we only supply our own stock, white bottles. The choice is up to you.
* Answer: Is it less expensive to do the right thing? We just can’t stand the prospect of cutting down trees to make labels for sustainable, organic products. Additionally, on the dollar side, as the run sizethere are some printing efficiencies that would lower the cost per label, yes!
* Answer: If you are selling your own private label brand, it is up to your marketing efforts – it is your brand, just order what you need. If you contract for a custom formulation, we will not duplicate that formulation, or reveal any of your proprietary business information, hence the term 'private label'… it is truly private.
However, if you want to represent one of the established OTC eco-brands in your area, then any exclusivity would depend on three things:
* Answer: Capacity is dependent upon customer logistics, product choices, raw materials and packaging options… but if you are planning on being BIG, really big, then we can tell you - once all logistics are in place properly we will schedule production for several million units per month, and more when/if needed.
* Answer: Yes. But really, here is what to really consider - even if you take out all the worst sunscreen chemicals (we do!), and use just Titanium and Zinc in a lotion base, we still do not know what effects there are physiologically in the body, long term. Yes, this is the best/eco and most natural alternative available, but so is a hat and long sleeved shirt – heck, even if you are a surfer in Hawaii - you can wear Quicksilver surf gear (they’re awesome!). So to sum it up, yeah, we make it, but we’re not really interested in making a product that may not be necessary, if we just act a bit smarter in life… kinda’ a good theme for the future of this great planet… now, if you have gotten yourself this far (you’re at the end of this worksheet)… then get ready, strap yourself in and get started in working with OTC to kick some arse in making an eco-difference for the next generation, eh!
Organic Trader™ Protocols for sharing information. Thank you for presenting the following when asking for a quote:
The more you can tell us about your expectations, the better and faster we will be able to make your brand a reality. If you know what you are looking for, we will make it happen for you.
Articles you may request, once you share #1 & 2.
Write to us using our contact page, making sure to represent most pertinently what it is you are looking for. Please leave your name, company name, telephone number and email, so a representative may get back to you as soon as possible.
We are happy to present to you the latest in green printing technology – tree-free paper!
Your private label order now is complete with the coolest paper options for your label.
Choose between FSC certified tree-free paper, ensuing proper management of forests, and utilization of their resources.
Rock, Paper, Earth™ (no scissors) eco-labels. Yes, it's true... real crushed rock. - NO water, NO trees, NO bleach, NO vinyl - no kiddin'
If you would like to take advantage of our great eco-paper opportunities with you private label order, please contact us for a quote on minimum runs and pricing.
Think, implement, educate and sustain.
A Higher Standard of Living
~ the Creation of EcoStar Green™ Standards
Read article by Joseph Borkovic